If you are one of those people who have experienced the comfort of Japanese-style toilets first-hand and are now willing to buy one, this article is for you.
A Japanese bidet is a jackpot for people who are fed up with the chafing effect of toilet paper. These bidets let you clean yourself completely eliminating the need for TP. You can install or attach these at your homes or even for commercial purposes.
The best Japanese-style toilet is one that can work as a perfect substitute for toilet paper. It proves to be a one-time investment that gives benefits for a long time. And while some branded bidets are quite expensive, remember that once you install them you can forever cut TP off your shopping list.
Before we tell you the best Japanese-style toilets, here are a few ways in which they may be helpful to you. If you are sure about the purpose for which you are buying it, you can skip to the list straightaway.
Japanese Bidet: Why do you need it?
There are many benefits of a Japanese bidet. The main purpose of the best Japanese bidets is to project a perfect stream that eliminates the need for TP or excess water. A Japanese-style toilet is quite simple to use. They are no different than bidets and also go by the name bidet-toilet combos or bidet attachments.
Another benefit of having a Japanese bidet is comfort. Imagine you are having a bowel issue and your butt is getting chafed the more you clean after your business. The bidets can help you totally get rid of the chafing problem.
Japanese-style toilets also have an added benefit. You will notice that many reputed brands incorporate dual-nozzle adjustable sprayers with the bidet. This feature assists in comfortable feminine and rear washing. Some brands also come with the feature of warm water washing which only adds to your comfort.
Here we have gathered the top 5 best Japanese-style toilets. The top machines are a bit expensive but every penny is worth the amazing features you get to enjoy.
5 Best Japanese-Style Toilet: Reviews
There are three types of bidets available in the market, toilets with in-built bidets, bidet seats that can be bolted to your toilet, and attachments to fit into your existing seat.
We have taken all three into account while preparing the list. You can find the name of reputed brands on the list. We have also included affordable options too. And you need not worry about their features. They may be a bit cheaper than the other models but their performance is top class too.
Without further ado, let’s jump to the list right away.
Toto is the king of Japanese-style toilets. The Neorest model by the brand is ADA compliant and universally designed. Toto MS901CUMFX#01 Neorest is the most advanced and one of the best Japanese-style toilets.
The Neorest comes with a high-efficiency siphon jet flushing system that operates the dual flush. This includes 1.0 gallons per flush and 0.8 gallons per flush. It also comes with an EPA WaterSense certificate. Moreover, the SanaGloss finish keeps stains and microbes at bay this keeps cleaning in check.
Additionally, Neorest features Toto e-Water+ system. This system sprays ionized water soon after flushing it into the bowl. Ionized water does similar work as chemical bleach. This ensures a clean and hygienic toilet. In addition, the ACTILIGHT system employs bacteria-neutralizing UV light for superior bowl cleaning.
This is the most expensive toilet from Toto but it is worth the price. The ADA-compliant toilet is suitable for all people and is even backed by a 3-year limited warranty. This technology-packed Japanese toilet is the choice of modern buyers who value luxury and can afford it.
- ACTILIGHT sanitizing system ensures ultimate cleaning with UV light
- Toto’s EWATER+ system eliminates the need for chemical bleach
- Unlimited warm water washing with a heated seat
- An auto-open/close lid
- A warm air dryer for 100% hands-free experience
- ADA compliant
- The luxury comes at a high price
- Toto MS901CUMFX#01 NEOREST NX2 - COTTON W/ ACTILIGHT
If you want a stylish and elegant wall-hung Japanese toilet then look for KOHLER 5402-0 Veil. It is a one-piece toilet and also one of the best Japanese bidets available in the market.
KOHLER 5402-0 Veil is even better than Toto on the grounds that it comes with a 5-year warranty compared to 3-years of Toto. These wall-mounted toilets feature a concealed in-wall tank and carrier system that gives the toilet an intuitive and minimalistic. Also, it saves a lot of space under the toilet system, keeping the cleaning really easy.
It is an ideal wall-mounted toilet to equip in your small bathroom that keeps your place hygienic and clean all day long. Its typical elongated bowl offers comfortable seating for the person. Moreover, these wall-mounted toilets are designed with a grip-tight Q3 seat, granting a comfortable seating position to the house members. Meanwhile, the vitreous China white material of the KOHLER K-5402-0 Veil is durable and lasts for a long time.
Additionally, these Japanese-style toilets are both water and money savior as they remove the solid waste in a single flush and keep the bowl shinning all the time. The affordable pricing of this wall-hung toilet makes it a great buying option for your small bathroom. The only drawback is that you may require two flushes at the time of cleaning as it doesn’t have as many cleaning features as Toto.
- 5-year warranty compared to Toto’s 3-year warranty on its Japanese style toilet
- Wall hung toilet with completely concealed tank
- An auto-open/close lid like Toto
- Almost 1/3 of what Toto costs
- A fully-adjustable stainless steel bidet wand
- Actuator plate and LCD touchscreen remote for touchless operation
- No advanced cleaning features unlike Toto
- Though it looks dashing, it is no match for Toto’s Neorest NX2
- One-piece wall-hung toilet with integrated cleansing functionality
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort
- Mounting hardware is completely Concealed for sleek looks and easy cleaning
- Dual flush offers a choice of 0.8 or 1.6 gallons per flush (gpf)
- Stainless steel wand offers adjustable spray shape, position, water pressure, temperature, pulsate, and oscillate functions
Another model by TOTO that ranks among the top 5 best Japanese-style toilets. TOTO MW6142034CUFG#01 Carlyle II Toilet is available with two water consumption rates, 1.0 GPF and 1.28 GPF. As you may have guessed the 1.0 model costs more owing to the advanced water conservation feature.
However, that does not mean it is as expensive as TOTO NX2. In fact, if you are looking for a budget Japanese toilet and also want the assurance of a brand, this is the perfect fit for you.
Toto Carlyle II Toilet is a standard Toto toilet with a Toto washlet attached. It is manufactured of the best durable materials and you get the quality of Toto. The washlet gives a luxurious look to your bathroom and adds to comfort. Toto Carlyle can be a great addition to your modern furnished bathroom.
The Japanese toilet features Air-in Wonder Wave technology that provides a strong, yet gentle water stream for a superior cleanse. It also has an automatic air deodorizer to clean the bathroom air making it odorless. The best part is that you can adjust the pressure of the water and the temperature of the warm air-dryer for comfortable hands-free drying.
Toto Carlyle Japanese bidets are both comfortable and hygienic. They employ premist spray to create a slick surface that prevents waste from sticking to the bowl. This combined with the powerful flushing system reduces the time and frequency of cleaning.
- Dual benefit of both a Toto-quality toilet and Washlet.
- Can easily squeeze into any budget
- Bidet seat water line and power cord not visible
- Tornado flushing system for a powerful flush
- Automatic air deodorizer to keep your bathroom odorless
- Allows to adjust the pressure and temperature of water
- Does not prove to be good fit for tall and large people
- Back of the washlet is high
- WASHLET+ bidet seat and toilet, specially designed to conceal the WASHLET water supply and power cord
- PREMIST- using incoming water supply, a misting of the toilet bowl is performed before each use to help prevent waste from adhering
- Adjustable front and rear warm water washing with three temperature settings and five pressure settings. Oscillating stream option
- SoftClose heated seat, automatic air deodorizer, and warm air dryer with three variable settings
- 1.0 gallons per flush 1G technology with TORNADO FLUSH system with CEFIONTECT glaze to reduce bowl friction
Now that we have mentioned TOTO and Kohler, it is time to shift to an affordable option that offers similar features to the previously mentioned bidets if not more. Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Toilet Seat perfectly fits those criteria.
This Japanese-style toilet seat has both elongated and round models as options to connect to your existing toilet. Brondell Swash SE600 comes with multiple user settings and a wireless remote to choose from vast combinations. The Japanese bidet stainless-steel nozzle for both rear and front wash. So even if you use this bidet as just a practice round before you get to the big players, you won’t have much trouble adjusting.
Brondell Swash SE600 Bidet Toilet Seat has all the features you will get with top brands, be it a heated seat or a warm air dryer and water wash. The bidet is easy to install and comes with a power cord. It will go perfectly with your bathroom décor with a hidden pocket for cords and a contoured lid.
The main reason we prefer it over other Japanese toilet seats is Brondell’s reputation for a sanitary and safe toilet. This seat will not only minimize the need for toilet paper but also completely eliminate it. It leads to the conservation of water as a roll of TP does the same amount of cleaning as this Japanese bidet can do it more than 100 washes.
- Best affordable option to a Japanese style toilet
- Durable and Easier to install
- A stainless-steel nozzle for both rear and front wash
- Completely eliminates the need for toilet paper
- A heated seat, a warm air dryer and water wash
- Reduces the use of excess water
- No unlimited warm water supply
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR WASH: Vast user settings and one-touch auto mode deliver the most hygienic bathroom experience at the touch of a button on your wireless remote. Create your ideal bathroom experience with endless combinations from this home bidet.
- EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE: This electronic bidet features a heated seat, warm air dryer and water wash, stainless-steel nozzle for both rear and front wash, gentle massage pulse, deodorizer, power-saving eco-mode, and a cool blue illuminating nightlight.
- EASY INSTALLATION: This bidet toilet seat measures 20.7” x 14.9” x 6.1” and comes with a 3.5’ power cord making it convenient to reach an outlet. With a few simple steps, it's easy to self-install in under an hour—no plumbers necessary!
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN NORTH AMERICAN BATHROOM: This bidet’s sleek shape blends seamlessly into both your bathroom decor and bathroom habits. The hidden pocket conceals water and power connections and the contoured lid looks modern and refined on any toilet.
- WE ARE BRONDELL: Join the Wash Don’t Wipe Revolution! Since 2003, Brondell has been making bidets that give you that fresh, clean, and hygienic feeling after you “go”. Plus, each bidet is eco-friendly.
This bidet by Luxe is a wall-mount attachment available in the market since 2012. It is the cheapest option for a well-functioning Japanese-style bidet.
LUXE Bidet Neo 120 has all the features you would expect from the best Japanese toilets. And it also doesn’t weigh much on your purse. You can attach it to your existing seat and the installation process is quite simple. Neo 120 comes with a self-cleaning nozzle so you do not have to fuss over the sanitation of your toilet.
Available in 4 color variations of blue, white, rose, and gold, Luxe Japanese bidet will enhance the look of your bathroom. It has a sleek design and is constructed with durable materials.
It is to be noted that there are cheaper models available in the market but we aspire to bring you only the best options. While the cheaper options may fall weak on your purse, they don’t hold the same reputation as Luxe. To back it up, Neo 120 even comes with an 18-month warranty.
- More trustworthy bidet attachment brands
- Complete control over water pressure
- Compatible with all kinds of toilet
- Get rid of TP entirely
- 18-month warranty
- Self-cleaning nozzle
- No warm water
- Pressure can not be adjusted
- Reports of the bidet leaking
- GENTLER, FORWARD FACING SECOND NOZZLE, GREAT FOR FEMININE USE - Dual nozzles for rear and frontal wash. The feminine nozzle keeps you clean during monthly cycles and comes in handy for new or expecting mothers.
- HYGIENIC NOZZLE GUARD GATE – Shields the nozzle for your ultimate sanitary experience. The nozzle automatically retracts behind the guard gate after each wash to ensure it is protected until your next use.
- A LUXURIOUS LOOK AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE- With a sleek design and high-quality parts, our bidet attachment will give your bathroom a next-level look. Constructed with high-pressure valves with metal/ceramic cores and steel hoses instead of plastic.
- HAVE FUN DOING IT YOURSELF - Includes ALL PARTS AND TOOLS to get your bidet up and running in minutes. Easily attaches to and detaches from any standard two-piece toilet. Cold Water Hose : Braided stainless steel – 15 in. length with 1/2″ and 1/4″ ends
- NO KIDDING 18-MONTH WARRANTY – We are always here to make sure you are 100% satisfied, so anytime you have problems or concerns about the products, we are just one call away. Register your bidet online and get an extended warranty.
Summing it Up
Now you know the best Japanese-style toilets. From TOTO to the less common bidets such as LUXE, we have listed out the best products for you. Many of these names have strengthened a firm position in the toilet industry. You get amazing features for the value of your money if you pick any of these best Japanese-style toilets.
While a Japanese bidet proves to be quite beneficial, it has a major drawback too. If you read the list thoroughly, you know that the bidets don’t come cheap. However, the countless benefits make this fade to the background.
It is always better to experiment with different bidets before you find your perfect one. You can comfortably go about cleaning your bowels and your butt when you find the bidet that suits you.