If you are using traditional toilets, you may face the issue of clogged toilets too often. It can be a big issue in any household. And if people are in a morning rush, the problem increases tenfold. If you are someone who has massive sold waste, it is time to switch to pressure-assist toilets.
Fortunately, the big toilet brands have given much consideration to this issue and have designed useful solutions. Brands like TOTO and Kohler have specifically designed the best pressure-assist toilets to do away with the problem of clogged toilets.
In this article, we have compiled for you a list of the 5 best pressure-assist toilets. These models are mostly comfort height thus giving room for powerful flushing technology.
List of the Best Pressure Assist Toilets in 2022
When we talk about the best pressure assist toilets, this model by Kohler takes the first spot. Kohler K-3493-96 Highline Classic sets a new standard for bulk flushing performance. This Highline Pressure Lite elongated toilet with a 1.4-gallon flush and left-hand trip lever complements any bathroom or powder room.
It is a toilet that combines efficiency, power, and comfort into a single unit. Kohler Highline has Class Five flush performance, which means it can handle a large amount of waste in a single gravity-fed flush. These toilets are an excellent example of a toilet that combines eco-friendliness with performance.
Kohler K-3493-96 Highline Classic is a standard height toilet and ADA compliant. If you have elderly or disabled people at your home, this toilet will be a great addition to the bathroom. It can also be installed at workplaces.
- 1.4 gpf powerful flush
- Comfort Height Toilet (ADA compliant)
- Minimal water consumption
- Straightforward Installation
- Relatively expensive
- Vitreous china.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Equipped with Sloan FLUSHMATE – Sloan Valve Company.
- Polished Chrome trip lever.
- 1.6 gpf (6.0 lpf)
This model by TOTO takes the second spot in the ranking of the best pressure-assist toilets. The single flush elongated two-piece comfort height toilet by TOTO has a high-profile design with a fully glazed trap way. In addition, it has a sleek and smooth look that matches well with modern furnishing.
The flagship of TOTO Drake is its GMAX flushing system which is one of the best in flushing technology. TOTO’s GMAX flushing system encompasses a 3” wide flush valve, extra-large siphon jet, and a 2-1/8 inch fully glazed trap way for better cleaning. Drake is a single flush toilet and uses as little as 1.6 gallons of water per flush. Its extra-large siphon jet forces water into the bowl at a rapid speed to create a powerful flush that can easily flush out waste.
These pressure-assist toilets are ADA-compliant and possess a height of 16.5 inches. This height is from the toilet’s base to the top of the toilet bowl, without a seat. This ADA toilet proves to be a good match for people with disabilities or knee problems. Senior citizens will also find TOTO Drake easier and sit on and get up from.
You can install it in both residential and commercial areas as the model is durable enough. One drawback that TOTO CST744SL Drake has is since it uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush, it is not WaterSense certified. So, it cannot be sold in places like California.
TOTO CST744SL Drake comes without a toilet seat, so you will have to buy it separately.
- G-Max flushing system
- Good choice for seniors
- 1.6 GPF effective for people with big stools
- Fewest clog reports
- Worth the money
- Doesn’t come with a seat
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- G-Max flushing system, low consumption (1.6GPF/6.0LPF), Elongated front bowl and tank set, less seat
- Universal Height, Two-piece design with high-profile tank
- 12" Rough-in, less supply, Water Use: 1.6 GPF/6.0LPF, Material: Vitreous china
- Chrome trip lever, ADA compliant, in. Water Pressure: 8 psi (static)
American Standard is a major name in the toilet industry. They offer High-Performance vitreous china commercial toilets in a range of mounting options, sizes, forms, flushing systems, and rates.
American Standard Cadet features an elongated bowl giving you enough room to sit on. In addition, its relatively tall seat makes it an ADA-compliant toilet. The pressure assist toilet employs the siphon jet technology to use 1.6 gallons per flush. So you can say goodbye to clogged toilets.
Installing American Standard Cadet is a simple task and can be done by one person. It is also backed by a 1-year warranty. Whatever the commercial use, this pressure-assist toilet model is the best choice when you need a toilet that can handle anything.
- 1.6 GPF for a powerful flush and maximum cleaning
- Durable construction
- ADA compliant
- Easy to install
- Flush creates noise
- BEST-IN-CLASS: The Cadet Two-Piece Elongated toilet from American Standard combines power, comfort and smart design in a seamless, one piece style
- CONVENIENCE AND SIZE: Combination elongated bowl and tank includes a standard 15 in. (381 mm) rum height, 2-1/8 inch (54 mm) fully glazed trapway, 12 in. (305 mm) rough-in, and 10 in. x 12 in. water surface area
- FLAWLESS DESIGN: .American Standard toilet features a two-piece construction with a revolutionary EverClean surface that inhibits the growth of stain- and odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew with pressure-assisted siphon jet flush action
- HIGH EFFECIENCY: At 1.6 gpf (6.0 lpf), this American Standard Elongated Bowl toilet ensures you save water without sacrificing performance and power
- INCLUDES: This American Standard Cadet Two-Piece toilet also includes a close-coupled flushometer tank, a chrome-plated metal trip lever, and two color-matched bolt caps; recommended working pressure range 25 psi - 80 psi
The American Standard Champion is a one-piece toilet with a combined cistern. It is made up of vitreous china along with an Ever Clean Surface. The Ever Clean Surface is specifically designed to reduce staining and hinder the growth of mold, bacteria, and mildew. Consequently, keeping the toilet cleaner for a longer time.
Moreover, the combination of the levered flush mechanism, the seat’s height, and the bowl’s shape all make the American Standard Champion ADA-compliant.
Undoubtedly one of the best pressure-assist toilets has a single flush. The American Standard Champion 4 uses a flushing system that consists of a 4” non-adjustable piston with the Accelerator flush valve that delivers a high pressure 1.6 gallons flush. The 2 3/8” trap way of American Standard Champion 4 allows the waste to pass smoothly to the drainage system. Moreover, the flush system has been tested as capable of dispensing 2.2 lbs of waste in a single flush.
The American Standard Champion encompasses a high-pressure flushing system that ensures that the toilet flushes completely and properly in a single flush. The 1.6 gallons per flush assures that this toilet is within the Federal toilet flush specifications. However, the 1.6 gallons per flush means that it is outside the Water Sense guidelines and does not qualify for the exemption.
The toilet is designed to fit a minimum of a 12” rough-in. And as the American Standard Champion is a one-piece toilet thus, it is heavier than the individual parts of a two-piece. This weight makes the Champion a little more difficult to position over the rough out. Therefore, rather than doing it on your own, it better be done as a two-person job.
- Ever Clean surface to prevent the buildup of stains
- A single high-powered flush
- 2 3/8” fully glazed trap way
- ADA compliant (when a suitable seat is fitted)
- 100% flush tested before leaving the factory
- Does not meet EPA Water Sense requirements.
- BEST-IN-CLASS: The American Standard Champion 4 Toilet is the very best in clog-free performance, producing a faster, more powerful, yet quieter flush that can move a 70% larger mass than a standard toilet
- CONVENIENCE AND SIZE: Our Normal Height toilets feature a convenient 15 in. rim height and 12 in. (305 mm) rough in to enhance your ease of use and comfort and is 100% factory flush tested
- FLAWLESS DESIGN: American Standard toilet has a contemporary one-piece design has a 2-3/8 in. (60 mm) fully-glazed trapway and includes our revolutionary EverClean surface that inhibits the growth of stain- and odor-causing bacteria, mold, and mildew
- HIGH EFFECIENCY: At 1.6 gpf (6.0 lpf), this American Standard Normal Height toilet ensures you save water without sacrificing performance and power with the inclusion of an elongated siphon action jetted bowl
- INCLUDES: Also included is our color-matched American Standard Champion slow-close toilet seat for a quieter, more peaceful household; additionally features a 4 in. (102 mm) non-adjustable, piston action Accelerator flush valve
K-3978-0 Wellworth is a standard height toilet. The bowl is sufficiently sized, and the height of the bowl is comfortable. A single flush action design flushes water and is rushed under high pressure from the center of the canister-based flush valve.
The shape and design of the Kohler Wellworth are pretty minimal and very simple but since it is a two-piece toilet, the look of the toilet is enhanced by its elegantly designed cover. It comes in a standard configuration consisting of a two-piece toilet, the toilet tank, and the toilet bowl. And for extra comfort, the bowl is elongated and is made using vitreous china.
When it comes to efficiency, this pressure assist toilet is rated in Class 5. The flush comes with a chrome-finish trip handle which lends luxury to your bathroom. Kohler K-3978-0 Wellworth toilet comes with a fully glazed 2 1/8 inch trap way and a very efficient 1.6-gallon flushing mechanism, ensuring that the design cleans the bowl on every single flush without the need of having to flush twice or have any kind of clogging.
The Kohler Wellworth is a two-piece toilet and therefore the installation is comparatively easy. The first step is to install the toilet to the waste pipe system, then add the cistern to the toilet finally. Now, there is one thing you must keep in mind, the pressure-assist toilet does not come with a seat, and you will have to purchase one separately.
The Kohler Wellworth toilet is not ADA certified, which means it can not be installed for the use of the public in an office or a public restroom and is meant for installation only at private properties like a home. But keep in mind, since it does not have an ADA compliance rating, and you have a family member in your home with physical disabilities that would prevent them from using this toilet
- Priced competitively, makes it a good choice
- Uses less water to flush making it environment friendly
- Modern design to facilitate cleaning
- Not ADA certified
- Elongated, standard height-toilet bowl
- 12" rough-in
- 30" (76. 2 cm) x 18" (45. 7 cm) x 28-3/4" (73 cm)
- Class Five(R) - provides tremendous bulk waste flushing performance and best-in-class bowl cleanliness
- 3-bolt Installation - Three pre-installed tank bolts save installation time
Now you know the best pressure-assist toilets to clear away solid waste quickly. We have made sure to mention every product that will deliver a powerful flush to clean massive waste.
While a powerful flushing system proves to be quite beneficial for big stools, it has certain drawbacks too. If you read the list thoroughly, you know that these models do not come cheap. Also, the flush may create noise since water is pushed rapidly.
However, if you are having trouble with clogged toilets the countless benefits make these drawbacks fade to the background. You can say goodbye to clogged toilets using minimum water.
So go ahead and choose the best pressure assist toilet that can easily flush out solid waste.